Carl is a registered Psychologist, and founder of Blokes Psychology & Board Approved Supervisor. He is extremely passionate about assisting men to overcome the stigma of reaching out for support. It is his vision that by creating a service targeted towards males, more men can improve their psychological health and well-being and stop suffering in silence. Ultimately, more men will seek and receive the support they desperately need and they and their families can start living a more fulfilling and meaningful life.
Carl is naturally caring, easy to engage with and tailors his approach to fit each individual, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity or religion.
Carl has worked in community health settings providing counselling, mental health outreach support, with ex-offenders re-integrating into society and with various national helplines. Carl has experience and a specific interest in supporting individuals experiencing depression, anxiety, high stress, anger, addictions, life transitions & relationship difficulties.
In addition, he has worked extensively with Asylum Seekers, newly arrived migrants & Refugees (both on & off shore). Carl also enjoys working with & supporting new parents, having recently become a father himself. Carl will work with you to identify and address the challenges and issues, specific to your situation. He will then assist you to set and achieve your goals with practical, solution focused strategies and support.
In addition to his clinical work, Carl also hosts our very own Blokes Psychology Podcast. He also enjoys regularly featuring as a key note speaker for business’s, schools, sporting & community groups and events. He also spends time as a consultant for a number of charities in the 'mens health space', in addition to sitting on the board of a local mental health charity.
Carl also appears regularly on tv, radio and podcasts, some of which can be seen below:
- ABC’s “The Drum”, where Carl featured on the panel in early 2019
for a special episode discussing mens health and masculinity.
- The Modern Bloke Podcast Episode, featuring Carl exploring the challenges of the modern man with host Sean & sharing his vision for Blokes Psychology!
- Heckin’ Concerned Podcast Episode, featuring Carl discussing all things mens health/mental health, teens, masculinity, psychology, sex, pornography and more!
- Potential Psychology Podcast Episode featuring Carl discussing male mental health in depth:
- The Casper & Capser Podcast Episode, where Carl discusses all things male mental health & Covid-19 wellbeing.
When Carl isn't working, he can often be found surfing, working out, travelling or spending quality time with his young family.
Carl sees individuals aged 13 and above.
- Master of Clinical Psychology, The Cairnmillar Institute
- Masters of Professional Psychology, Monash University
- Graduate Diploma of Psychology, Deakin University
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Psychology), Deakin University
- Registered Psychologist with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA):
Registration number: PSY0002021672